Seven Ghanaian tomato traders Kiiled  in Burkina Faso in Jihadist  terror attack

It has been confirmed that seven Ghanaian tomato traders caught up in a terrorist attack in northern Burkina Faso last Saturday have been killed.

At least four others have been injured after a truck carrying the tomato traders was caught up in the armed assault on the town of Titao in northern Burkina Faso.

The Minister for the Interior, Muntaka Mohammed Mubarak, confirming the killing, said Ghana embassy officials were working to notify their families and arrange the return of survivors.

Speaking in a radio interview monitored by Graphic Online on Joy FM on Monday [February 16, 2026] Mr Muntaka Mohammed Mubarak, said the truck was carrying 10 men and eight women when armed fighters attacked Titao on February 14, shooting male residents and travellers on sight.

Seven of the men died, three sustained injuries, and one woman suffered serious injuries. The remaining seven women escaped without serious physical harm.

“The jihadists ran into the town and started rounding up almost everybody, especially the males, targeting to kill every male just on sight,” Mr Mubarak said. “They separated the males from the females and went on the street and sprayed, killing almost all the males.”

Mr Mubarak said he had been in direct contact with his Burkinabè counterpart since the attack. He explained that the condition of the bodies had deteriorated to the point where the Burkina Faso authorities secured agreement on February 15 to proceed with burials the following morning. Ghana’s mission in Ouagadougou could not travel to Titao to witness the burial because the area remained unsafe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *